Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Friday, May 13, 2011

They Talk So Fast! (The Social Network review)

 
The Social Network
****

I don’t understand why I ever hesitated to watch this film. I think it is partly because it was too popular of an Academy Award nominated movie for my taste, but in the end I gave it a chance and it all worked out for the best.

The Social Network chronicles the battle and life before of Mark Zuckerberg the creator of Facebook. One of the most impressive things that the writer accomplishes is putting some heavy dialogue into the characters. Often I found myself reading the subtitles too fast, and believe me you at least need subtitles to catch everything the characters say. One characters that impressed me beyond imagination was that of Mark Zuckerberg himself. Jesse Eisenberg plays him with extreme confidence, one I myself or many would never pull off. His words come out like a speeding bullet train which serves to prove how smart this person is.

The performances are not only brilliant, but extremely well casted. While most might feel that the main character, the creator of Facebook, comes off as an arrogant asshole, I found myself liking him a lot. This film if it is at all accurate with the actual personality of the real Mark Zuckerberg; I say praises him as an extremely intelligent man. One I not only found myself feeling great sympathy for, but also great admiration for. I mean if you can create something like Facebook, and become the youngest billionaire in the world then I say go for being the though asshole you can be. Why the hell not?

The movie is wonderfully shot, the cinematography is nothing short of genius. I don’t know but the films had a lot of green in it, and I loved it. The sound design too can be appreciated in some of the club scenes. Truly this films stands out in many technical aspects, but what really makes it genius, is the writing by Aaron Sorkin. The quick talk, and wonderful complicated words (God only knows what they mean) that fill the screenplay are something to appreciate greatly. It credit’s the great appeal of the movie, aside from the young actors and stars such as Justin Timberlake who by the way surprised me by showing that he can actually act.

This extremely modern piece should be watched by everyone. I think you will be greatly impressed at how interesting a movie about Facebook can be. Also if anything at least anyone with a Facebook should watch it. Trust me this film is a masterpiece.

No comments:

Post a Comment