Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Saturday, April 2, 2011

It Doesn't Look Very Alive (It's Alive review)


It’s Alive
*

Wow, where should I start with this piece of crap. Well let’s start on how I came to even watch this film. I loved watching Bravo’s 100 Scariest Movie Moments, and they for some unknown reason had It’s Alive on the list. Why they thought it was scary I don’t know.

The story is about a couple who have a baby that has been mutated by radiation. When the mother gives birth the baby kills everyone in the room, and escapes. So the whole movie is the parents and police tracking down the baby, who keeps on murdering innocent people.

First of all you would think that in a horror film they would at least dump all their money on making the monster (baby) as scary as possible, but no, instead the “mutated” baby looks like a mix between a squirrel, a Chihuahua, and a pig. It really is much more comical than scary. The baby also moves funny, like a stop animation kind of creature.

On the other hand the film moves very slowly, one hardly gets to see the baby, and when we do it’s a fucking joke, and the film overall is very boring. The movie should not be called a horror film, or even a sci-fi, for it’s more like a terrible, sometimes funny comedy that I would never see again. That is the only reason I gave this a star at all, it’s because I did laugh at how silly the monster was, and everything else in the movie.

Please do yourself a favor and don’t watch this movie or the sequels that it spawned, why there are sequels I don’t know, it’s beyond my understanding. Clearly one of the worst movies I have ever seen, and the worst horror movie of all time if you can call it that.

No comments:

Post a Comment