Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Sunday, April 3, 2011

"What Does It Mean To Be A Jew?" (Munich review)


Munich
* * * *




 
I don’t want to give much away of the film, that is not what reviews should be about, but merely would like to say that Munich at times is a very intense film. A particular scene in which a bomb explodes next to the room of the protagonist, and a couple’s room blew me away. The graphic images of the aftermath of a bomb put me in a state of disbelief and shock. It seemed to real to bear.
Ciarán Hinds), Robert (Mathieu Kassovitz), and Hans (Hanns Zischler) must design master plans to kill the target without leaving any tracks that might incriminate them. They move from target to target, but as they make their way down the list, not only do the names keep increasing, but also the things that go wrong.
After reading an article on Steven Spielberg, shortly afterwards I arrived at the conclusion that the man is a genius. While I have seen most of his films (who hasn‘t?), the article mentioned two of his exceptions from his traditional narrative structure. The first was Empire of The Sun, and the second one was the much more modern Munich. I was aware of Munich’s Oscar nomination for Best Picture of 2006, but I had never tried to watch the film. On spring break at a friend’s house I was asked if I would be willing to watch Munich, sometime down the week, and I gladly seized the opportunity to watch one of Spielberg’s exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment