Scott Pilgrim VS The World

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Hell Of A Mess (The Tempest review)

The Tempest
*

It is safe to say that this was worse than a tempest. How could anyone such as Julie Taymor gather such a magnificent cast and waste every bit of it. Such wonderful actors as Helen Mirren, Ben Wishaw, Felicity Jones, Chris Cooper, David Strathairn, Alfred Molina, Alan Cumming, and Djimon Honsou. Some in the audience mentioned that Shakespeare doesn’t translate well into film, but I beg to differ. This was the fault of the director and the drug she gave to everyone who was in on this catastrophe of a film.

Whatever you do don’t see this movie, the only reason I gave this a star at all was because the only ones who were thinking during it’s making were the costume designers. They made wonderful creations I would have never imagined to put together. A more innovative use of zippers I have never seen one. The costume department rightfully nabbed an Oscar nomination this year, but everything else in the film is just silly.

The whole movie is like a big fat joke, that is simply not funny. Nothing in this movie is worth watching, and that is a fucking hell of a cast for me to even say that. Trust me, I would not say it’s this bad if I didn’t really mean it. Keep away from the movie, and simply refrain yourself to looking at pictures of the costumes. I can’t believe this movie was so bad, for there seemed to be such good possibility. I mean the cast, that alone gave this movie such promise. I walked out entirely disappointed, and wishing I hadn’t wasted my time watching this movie. I love films and I know that a lot goes into doing them, but this one just doesn’t seem to be a film at all. Trust me when I say you will be wasting your time watching it, the star above is entirely a star for the costume design which blew me away. Everything else is worthless.


No comments:

Post a Comment